Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Just a small thing to a Giant...

Just a small thing to a Giant, that's what I was told softly by a friend today as I sat here in my living room. Some words spoken can touch you so deeply and take on an effect almost like an analgesic for a nagging headache. Soft spoken words can get the job done. Is it ever coincidental when one comes near with just the right words at the right appointed time? Jesus knows our hearts and what we thinketh before we think it. So you have to know the Lord cares enough to send whomever, whenever with words of encouragement, strength, and hope to assure you of his goodness.  You never know what a person may be going through.  I sit here this evening with two scars across my left breast that only reminds me of the scars that Christ has already bared for me. I want to take the time even in my pain to pray for someone who may be experiencing the same, or something quite different. I Pray for her, the little one who covers her ears daily due to the sounds of profanity, and the permanent scars that are meant to destroy her even in her womanhood. So I Pray for her, the woman who sits in the corner of the window with tears that meet the rain shed on the windowpane, as she remembers her childhood, regretting her past, and feels she lost way to her sense of hope for her future. I pray for him the little one who has no known male figure in his life. No one to tell him what's wrong and what's right molding him to be the God fearing man that can create change in circumstances. I Pray for him, the man who has diligently tried to be the head of his household, but the constant attacks of being let down, and turned away, keeps him from being the man he needs to be. I Pray for a Peace that passes all understanding. I Pray that every door that has closed new ones have already open. I Pray for healing of the minds, heart, and sickness. I Pray that all who doesn't know,  began to desire, crave, and ache for the love of God to show them the way of true redemption. Amen...It's just a small thing to a Giant..ummmmmm


1 comment:

  1. That was soooooo encouraging!!!!! "At all times we ought to pray"

    ReplyDelete