Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Preparation...

Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Just as a trainer prepares his fighter for his opponent, God has prepared me for the fight of my life. When you don't take time out for God you miss out on what he needs you to know, or do. I recall the morning when the Lord spoke to my heart whispering into my spirit, "Nickia, be in preparation for greatness, but in the mist you must carry the cross." I remember becoming uneasy about what that could mean. Excited about what greatness could be, but not willing so to speak to take on the heaviness of that cross. I cried out, Lord why? I couldn't deny what I was feeling for he already knows my heart. Then the still voice said, "I never said I sent YOU to the front line." Whoa! That spoke to me, awakening that dead thing within me preparing me for whatever was ahead.

Later that night the excitement was still fresh & alive! I told my children what we need to do, but explaining to them carrying the cross could mean anything, and the attack we may face we shall not fear. Not long after that I felt the lump in my breast and soon received that phone call which I will never forget. I was at work when I received the call and had about 7 hours left. God had already prepared my heart & mind which prepared me to finish out my day, caring for those who weren't able to care for themselves with a smile on my face, and gentleness in my touch. I quietly told God "well here we go, and we got work to do". My part is easier than I thought, I just have to follow. I'm just needed to play the back-round. He's a thousand steps ahead of me, he's already cleared the way. God made it clear to me that he doesn't need ME on home-front. Just read your word, stay on your knees, thank me through it, and stand on my promises.

On those not so good days, when we tend to forget holding our head down as if we don't know, just like the trainer encourages his fighter in the corner of the ring, you and I may find ourselves balled up in the corner of our bedroom. But God whispers "keep your head up, your almost there, you can do it, just trust me, I'll never leave you, nor forsake you". As the trainer watches the tapes of his opponent studying his every move, God has shown me that my competition has already been defeated.

However, there's rules to this battle. I must never lose sight of what's in front of me. I must never feel as if I am strong enough to stand alone, because my strength comes from the bread of Life. I don't have to worry about getting weak, because God said his grace is made sufficient for me, his power is made perfect in my weakness. The bell rang! They said what's about to hit me can take me out for the count. Then God said, but I said No Weapon Formed Against You Shall Prosper. But Lord I heard his people in the corner talking smack, telling me I better brace myself because I may lose some things that I hold dear. Then God said, I will bless your latter end more than your beginning. God restores all! Finally, it is my duty to tell the people of God's goodness even before my storm is over, that's the kind of faith I have, and this is what he expects of us all. I'm able to breathe when I steal away time with the Lord. I can function, I can write in this blog, I'm nothing without Christ, just dust, but with him I'm more than a conqueror, I'm victorious,and I'm Prepared!

2 comments:

  1. I was truly sadden to hear of this diagnose. I Just meet you and your a joy being around you. Laughing at work, sharing stories. I enjoy reading your blogs Kia, they are such an inspiration. God using your words to touch others. I'm touched and realize that,yes i'm a believer I need to have a better and closer relationship with God. Thank you Kia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome Jess I am humbled by every response I receive. It's all about God it has nothing to do with me:)

    ReplyDelete