Monday, December 5, 2011

Choices...

Every day we are put in position to make a choice. When first waking up God gives you a choice to thank & praise him. He doesn't wait on us. Jesus said in Luke 19:40 "I tell you, if these become silent, the stones will cry out! However he gives us that choice, with much like everything, and it depends on what we do with that form of power. I accept the Power & Authority God has given me in all that I'm going through. I chose to accept healing before seeing a Physician. I chose to accept a right state of mind before depression could interfere. I choose to give when so much is being taken from me. I choose to eat even when I feel like I can't. I choose to push myself even though its easier to give in.

So they say I may lose my hair, now let me explain a little about myself before we go any further about the hair.

I'm "36"  and never would I allow scissors to the hair, it is my glory! Love being pampered at the salons but would avoid them because of the "trim talk." What! Girl leave them split ends alone, if they meant to split then they will. I got something to work around all that, I would say. Wash & condition my hair braid it down and I have curls that lasts until the next wash. If I want to explore then that's what Remi is For:) and that's the make of me when it comes to the hair.

So what you talking? I can lose it all? In a matter of weeks after the first treatment you say? My, my so my Circumstance put me in position to make a Choice so I decided to Celebrate! I made the Choice to have a "Lose the Hair Party" I had a Blast! My mother, sister & girlfriend were there & we had veggie pizzas by choice, ginger ale sodas by choice, and Blasted INDIE ARIE' "I am Not My Hair" by Choice! As the scissors continue cutting, the cameras continue flashing, and the smiles didn't stop by choice! So whatever it is you may be up against make the Choice to Trust God & nothing more....Smile because I am!                               

 
                                       

2 comments:

  1. I love your courage!! Some of us never realize that we have power over our choices. I believe that you are being guided by true love and not fear.You are handling this difficult time with lots of faith and grace. You are truly so much more than your hair!! You come from love, so know that everything will be fine. Just another life lesson and an opportunity for growth.

    PS: cant go wrong with India Arie.. Great song!

    ReplyDelete